Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A New Set of Sheets



It's my 14th wedding Anniversary! My husband asked me a few weeks ago if I could buy us new sheets. He expressed his dissatisfaction with the scratchy cotton and stretched elastic that left him intimate with our mattress cover, night after night. Yesterday we went together and bought our 14th Anniversary present- new sheets. We opened about 10 packages of sheets, feeling the fabric. We compared thread count, material and cost. I was more concerned about the price, after all I'm the "tight wad" in our relationship. In the end thanks to T.J. Maxx we ended up with red Ralph Lauren 300 count sheets. On the way home I second guessed the decision, knowing the $39 was a trade for dinner out. But after hanging the sheets out to dry.... I realized that quality does make a difference. I felt like I was in a downy commercial. My red sheets swaying in the breeze. The thick cotton wrapped around my hand brought instant comfort. Ralph Lauren wished us a Happy Anniversary.

Sometimes we just need to invest in a new set of sheets (literal or proverbial).

No comments:

Post a Comment