Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ask... and in time you will receive!


It has been wayyyyy too many days since I last blogged. First my computer hard drive died and my computer went to the apple hospital. And when I finally got it back my family arrived from out of town to visit.

January 11, 2012
Last week I attempted to practice what I preach and ask my husband questions that might lead to intimacy. On one particular evening we were talking and I tried to explain how I felt when he doesn't answer my concerns. Objectively I know that he is thinking and processing my question, emotionally I feel like he is withdrawn and leaves me alone when he doesn't answer me immediately. Our conversation had an interesting outcome. He acknowledged my concern immediately but did not give me a response to the actual issue I was grappling with. Much later in the evening when we were in bed he sat up and gave me a very detailed plan on how to handle the problem I was facing with one of our children.

The experience was remarkable. I asked for what I wanted and he gave it to me in time. After his three sentence response to my problem I literally threw myself at him: hugging, kissing and thanking him.

Tip for the day: Figure out what you need or want from your spouse and ask for it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Andrea,
    I don't know if this blog is only for the girls or only for married couples but if it is you can promptly kick me out ;-). I really enjoy reading what you have to say here and yours and Perry's transparency is helping me so much. I hope someday my wife will benefit from all that I learn from you all.

    Rex

    ReplyDelete