Monday, January 2, 2012

Do I look fat in these jeans?


January 2:

I followed my own advice and asked my husband what part of his body he was most insecure about. The attempt at intimacy kinda back fired when he turned around and said: "What part of your body are you insecure about?" Ughhhh. So, I said well I don't like my love handles that hang over my jeans and the pooch under my belly button, and.... Next he asked: "What can I do to relieve your anxiety?" Many things ran through my head... like this isn't how it suppose to go. I'm suppose to feel closer to you, not more vulnerable. Then I thought: I have to report on this in my blog. I have to finish well. So, I told him that when he puts his arms around my waist, I feel like all he can feel is my fat. And he gently said, that is not what I feel but I will hug you any way you want me to. For the rest of the evening I thought about the exchange. And I came to the conclusion that even though the conversation was uncomfortable. I did feel closer to my spouse. The risk was worth it!

Ask your spouse: Where are you holding your stress today? What are your hopes and fears for the new year? Can I give you a massage? (Use generous amounts of massage oil.)

No comments:

Post a Comment