Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Provider

Last week my husband and I were faced with a question. One that we are faced with often: "Will you help me?" This time it was a church member/friend who had gotten over her head and was being evicted. She was expected out of her apartment two days before school started, with no reserve money to start over. We prayed! And in one of those "Holy Spirit" moments when you know what to do even when it is opposite common sense we knew we were suppose to take them in. I was overwhelmed the night before we extended the offer. I was overwhelmed by the size of my house, my two adequate bathrooms and a clean, private, safe room that was a clear alternative to homelessness, camping or a car. The younger of the two daughters is in the same grade as my daughter. I was overwhelmed by the choices and opportunities I have had by the gift of a two-parent family, my father's steady income and educated parents that stressed education. I was overwhelmed by the apartment complexes and homes I have had the opportunity to live in. Jesus asked: "If you have two cloaks (two coats) give away the one." This time I had two bathrooms and HE asked me to share one for thirty days. What has surprised me... is by daring greatly.... God softened my heart and overwhelmed me with appreciation for my life! I John says: In this world there will be suffering. But I will bring you peace within your circumstances. He, The Father of all good gifts has brought me peace and helped me appreciate my life. Instead of wanting more or different, I feel content and overwhelmed by His good gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment