Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Who am I?

Have you ever asked yourself: "Who am I?" I have! I ask when I find myself in a mess like: Gossiping. Where I've talked about three different people and found myself in a pickle with the truth. There may be some truth in what I said but I was more interested in looking good myself rather than preserve the appearance of someone else. Today I am asking the question: "Who am I?" Where am I holding my stress, anxiety and frustration? What activities produce feelings like happiness, love and care. I am wondering what is on my heart. Well, to answer the questions honestly. I feel tempted to take things into my own hands. I am tempted to maintain my "rightness." I am tempted to focus on others faults rather than work on my own. For the rest of today... I desire to live in the moment I am in. I lit the candles in my kitchen. Cleared the clutter off my counter. Cleared my cardiac clutter by lifting my heart to God. I'm going to take a walk and talk with God. Saying out loud what he already knows: I am selfish, self-seeking and prideful. I know I am these things.... but God... Dear God.... I don't want to be this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment